Appeal for new blood to join Gorleston festival line-up
- Credit: Archant
Gorleston's long-standing and highly regarded St Andrew's Competitive Festival needs new blood to continue in 18 months' time.
For various personal reasons, several members of the present committee of the festival of music, speech and drama have decided they will no longer be able to sustain their responsibilities following the 2016 festival.
Now the annual event is seeking volunteers interested in joining the committee next month to 'shadow' the people who have current responsibility for areas which will be left vacant, with a view to taking over.
It is hoped by announcing these intended resignations well in advance, it will give ample opportunity for people to come forward to form a new committee – including a new chairman.
A new co-ordinator is needed, described as a satisfying and rewarding role, although demanding.
You may also want to watch:
It needs good organisational skills and computer literacy with particular familiarity in the fields of database management, email, spreadsheets and word processing.
Some musical understanding would be helpful. The post of treasurer will become vacant working to ensure the book-keeping is up to date.
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
Other specific posts which need filling are a website manager, publicity officer and a festival trophies' officer.
All committee members automatically become trustees of the festival and as such are required to have a DBS check.
They are also requested to assist with some stewarding duties at festival time.
Anyone interested in joining the committee, should contact chairman Margaret Jermany to arrange a meeting to discuss details. Email email@example.com or call 01493 667204 and leave contact details.
Plans for the 2015 Festival are well in hand and the new syllabus is available online at www.gorleston-festival.org and at local libraries, Allen's Music Centre in Yarmouth, Take Note in Lowestoft, Norwich music shops, local churches, schools and colleges.
Are you involved in planning a festival? Email firstname.lastname@example.org