Appeal after theft of gravestone ornaments from St Nicholas Church in Potter Heigham
- Credit: Copyright Archant Norfolk Ltd
Police are appealing for witnesses after two dove ornaments were stolen from a gravestone.
The white marble doves disappeared at some point between Wednesday, May 10 and Saturday, May 27 in St Nicholas Church in Potter Heigham.
The ornaments were taken off the gravestone without causing damage.
Church warden at St Nicholas, Mary Haslam, said it appeared as if the items were chiselled off, adding: 'Someone came prepared, they weren't just broken off.'
She said it appeared to be a one off and there had not been a spate of thefts from the church.
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident or anyone acting suspiciously should contact PCSO Laura Charter at Hoveton Police Station on 101.
Alternatively contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 5 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 8 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 PRESSER: Spurs v City - Rashica major injury blow; Normann also out