Appeal after theft of gravestone ornaments from St Nicholas Church in Potter Heigham
- Credit: Copyright Archant Norfolk Ltd
Police are appealing for witnesses after two dove ornaments were stolen from a gravestone.
The white marble doves disappeared at some point between Wednesday, May 10 and Saturday, May 27 in St Nicholas Church in Potter Heigham.
The ornaments were taken off the gravestone without causing damage.
Church warden at St Nicholas, Mary Haslam, said it appeared as if the items were chiselled off, adding: 'Someone came prepared, they weren't just broken off.'
She said it appeared to be a one off and there had not been a spate of thefts from the church.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident or anyone acting suspiciously should contact PCSO Laura Charter at Hoveton Police Station on 101.
Alternatively contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 8 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 9 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 10 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park