Appeal after nine-year-old girl is approached by a man in Lowestoft
Police are appealing for information after a nine-year-old girl was approached by a man in Lowestoft.
Officers were contacted at around 8.30pm on Saturday, June 10, about the incident which happened on Peto Way in the town a short time earlier.
The girl was standing outside a retail premises with her mother, when a man drove up and stopped his car next to her. He then attempted to engage the girl in conversation and got out of the car and started to approach her.
The girl's mother intervened and stood between the girl and the man. The man then got back into his car and drove off.
The girl was shaken as a result of the incident but otherwise unharmed.
You may also want to watch:
Anybody with any information or who witnessed the incident are asked to call Lowestoft CID on 101 quoting reference 40820/17.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 7 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 10 Man ran onto train tracks to escape Covid police