Appeal after nine-year-old girl is approached by a man in Lowestoft
Police are appealing for information after a nine-year-old girl was approached by a man in Lowestoft.
Officers were contacted at around 8.30pm on Saturday, June 10, about the incident which happened on Peto Way in the town a short time earlier.
The girl was standing outside a retail premises with her mother, when a man drove up and stopped his car next to her. He then attempted to engage the girl in conversation and got out of the car and started to approach her.
The girl's mother intervened and stood between the girl and the man. The man then got back into his car and drove off.
The girl was shaken as a result of the incident but otherwise unharmed.
You may also want to watch:
Anybody with any information or who witnessed the incident are asked to call Lowestoft CID on 101 quoting reference 40820/17.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre