Appeal after attempted robbery on Neatherd Moor in Dereham
- Credit: Ian Burt
A man assaulted a dog walker and tried to snatch her bag in Dereham yesterday causing her minor injuries.
The victim, a woman in her 20s, was approached by a man from behind while walking her dog on Neatherd Moor around 3pm.
The suspect, who is described as a man wearing black jogging bottoms and white trainers, assaulted the woman and tried to take her bag but was unsuccessful and ran off empty-handed.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the attempted robbery.
Anyone who may have been in the area at the time of the incident and saw anything suspicious should contact DC Ellie Knul at Thetford CID on 101.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 8 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 9 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 10 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze