App use for car park payments triples amid pandemic in north Norfolk
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
More people than ever are using a mobile phone app to pay for their parking, according to North Norfolk District Council.
The council has said there has been a sharp rise in the use of the app, called Parking Operations, at the more than 25 car parks it runs across the district.
In July 2019 the app had 4,003 users in north Norfolk, which jumped to 12,844 in July this year.
Many of the car parks are in popular seaside resorts which have seen high visitor numbers and pressure placed on roads since the easing of the lockdown.
Motorists can also pay by cash or credit card at all of the council’s car parks, but contactless is only available at two locations.
You may also want to watch:
A council spokesman said: “They can pay by the app in advance and we have experienced a significant rise in its use since Covid-19.
“Visitors are still welcome to pay through cash options if they are unable to use the app or card/contactless payments.”
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise