Antiques and collectables market returns to Beccles for second event of the year
- Credit: James Bass
Bargain hunters are in for a treat as the Beccles Antiques Street Market returns for the second event of the year.
Held in the centre of the town on Sunday, August 13, the market will see 100 general and specialist dealers selling a wide range of good quality antiques and collectables.
Now in its eighth year, the event has gone from strength to strength since it was started in 2009 by Kate Lee from Blyburgate Antiques and Christine Pinsent from Saxons, both in Beccles.
They started out with just over 40 dealers and were overwhelmed with the support it attracted.
'We are now in a position where we have to operate an ongoing waiting list,' said Mrs Lee. 'The enthusiasm from both the dealers and buyers has been primary in making the market not only a success but a great 'buyers' market with a wonderful atmosphere.'
You may also want to watch:
Due to its popularity and following requests from the traders, a second date was added to the calendar in 2011 and has been continued ever since.
Items on offer will include furniture, silver, china, linen, jewellery, books, clocks, retro and vintage design and clothing and decorative items.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
Many of the local shops, restaurants and bars will also be open on the day and local street food catering will be incorporated into the market, including a hog roast.
Mrs Lee added: 'If you haven't been before you really should give it a visit and experience the pleasure of a busy outdoor specialist market.'
Also back by popular demand is the street market competition, where one lucky Facebook user will be chosen to win £100 cash to spend at the market. All you have to do to enter the draw is visit the Beccles Antiques Street Market page on Facebook, find the competition post and like, share and comment on what you would spend the money on. Entries close on August 11 at 6pm.
The market will run from 8am to 4pm and entry is free.
The centre of town will be closed to traffic from 6am and will re-open at 6pm.
For more information call Mrs Lee on 01502 711174.