Anthony Ogogo suffers racial abuse from fellow Norwich City supporter at Arsenal match
- Credit: PA
Lowestoft boxer Anthony Ogogo has told of his disgust at being racially abused by a few Norwich City fan at Tuesday's League Cup match between The Canaries and Arsenal.
The Olympic medallist went to The Emirates to watch his team put up a battling display against the Premier League giants, and tweeted his pleasure at their performance.
But he also said he had been racially abused when cheering by a Norwich fan who mistook him for an Arsenal supporter.
He said he was utterly disgusted by the behaviour and said it showed how backwards some people are.
However he acknowledged this was just an isolated incident among the Norwich supporters – saying the 9,000 fans who made the trip to the Emirates gave their team 'terrific support' during the 2-1 defeat against the Gunners.
You may also want to watch:
And after the 'great effort' he hasn't been put off following the club – he's looking forward to their match with Derby County on Saturday.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
- 10 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut