Anthony Ogogo suffers racial abuse from fellow Norwich City supporter at Arsenal match
- Credit: PA
Lowestoft boxer Anthony Ogogo has told of his disgust at being racially abused by a few Norwich City fan at Tuesday's League Cup match between The Canaries and Arsenal.
The Olympic medallist went to The Emirates to watch his team put up a battling display against the Premier League giants, and tweeted his pleasure at their performance.
But he also said he had been racially abused when cheering by a Norwich fan who mistook him for an Arsenal supporter.
He said he was utterly disgusted by the behaviour and said it showed how backwards some people are.
However he acknowledged this was just an isolated incident among the Norwich supporters – saying the 9,000 fans who made the trip to the Emirates gave their team 'terrific support' during the 2-1 defeat against the Gunners.
And after the 'great effort' he hasn't been put off following the club – he's looking forward to their match with Derby County on Saturday.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 6 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 10 Which Norfolk hospital has the longest ambulance handovers?