Annual event sees frightful literary fun at Lowestoft Library
- Credit: Mick Howes
Frightfully fun literary-based activities took place at a community library last weekend.
More than 40 attendees of all ages descended upon Lowestoft Library to enjoy a free annual event for horror fans- Horror in the East.
The popular event, which began in 2013, featured horror make-up and face painting courtesy of Jackson's Murderous Make-up to transform youngsters into terrifying characters as well as offering attendees the opportunity to meet six well-known authors of the horror genre.
Jo Wilde, event organiser and Lowestoft Library information adviser, said: 'It was brilliant- the authors really loved it and many of the visitors enjoyed having the chance to speak to their favourite authors about their books and ask where they get their ideas and inspiration from.'
The event, held on Saturday (November 5), also saw younger horror fans complete a monster trail around the library searching for scary creatures among the books and bookcases.
You may also want to watch:
While authors including David Merrifield, Craig Saunders, Ivan Bunn, Darren Barker and David Moody were on hand to take questions from inquisitive attendees and sell copies of their work.
'It was good fun and the authors were really pleased with the sales they made. We already have plans to host another Horror in the East event next year.
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 3 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 4 Local pub splashes back into action
- 5 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 6 Man died after knife fight with housemate
- 7 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 8 Norwich pub allowed to reopen after licensing u-turn
- 9 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 10 Roadworks cause traffic chaos in north Norfolk town
'Thank you to all the authors who gave up their time and also to the fans who came along- we look forward to seeing you again next near year,' added Jo Wilde.
For more information about activities at Lowestoft Library visit: www.suffolklibraries.co.uk/libraries/lowestoft-library or call: 01502 674660.