'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- Credit: IAN BURT
As presenter of The Weakest Link, Anne Robinson earned herself a reputation for her acid tongue and harsh put-downs.
And it appears she is not planning on turning her back on this approach in the host's chair of Countdown either - as a Norfolk contestant learned.
On a recent episode of the words and numbers game, Ms Robinson turned her focus to Norfolk, comparing the county to a "cold and desolate" land.
At the start of Monday's programme Ms Robinson asked ice breaker questions to the two contestants.
When Ms Robinson focused on Norfolk contestant Sue they spoke about travelling.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Robinson asked: "Where's the most exciting place you've been to?"
Contestant Sue replied: "Antarctica. It was absolutely fabulous."
- 1 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 2 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 7 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 8 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 9 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 10 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
The host asked the contestant whether it was cold and desolate, to which Sue replied, "yes, although when I was there it was warmer in Antarctica than it was in the UK, which was very disappointing."
Ms Robinson responded: "Well, you're used to it, aren't you? Coming from Norfolk."
The contestant laughed it off and tried to protest that Norfolk was actually sunny, but the hard-boiled host had already moved on by beginning the first round.
Contestant Sue failed to topple her opponent, but at least she has sunny Norfolk to return to.