Angler robbed at knifepoint in West Norfolk
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press Â© 2011
An angler has been robbed of his van and fishing equipment at knifepoint in a West Norfolk village.
The man was fishing at Peters Drove Bridge at Wiggenhall St Germans when two men arrived in a black hatchback car at about 1.50pm yesterday (Thursday).
When asked, the two men agreed to help pack the victim's equipment into his white Mercedes van.
One of the men then threatened the angler with a knife and demanded the van keys. He handed them over and the two men drove off, one in the van and one in the car.
Just ten minutes later, the van was found burnt out in Fen Road, Magdalen.
You may also want to watch:
The men were slim and about 5ft 7in tall and police say they spoke little English.
One of the men had short brown hair and stubble and was wearing a green jacket with an orange hood.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 6 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 7 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 8 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 9 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 10 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
Officers want to speak to anyone who was in the area at the time and may have seen either vehicle or anyone with information about the robbery.
Contact DC Emma Cross at King's Lynn CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.