And baby makes five! Family celebrating five generations after new arrival
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Retired postman David Thompson couldn't be happier with his family's latest delivery - bouncing baby boy Thomas.
The new addition, pictured in the arms of his mother Bethany Thompson, 22, and flanked by his great great grandfathers Charles Thompson, 90 and Leonard Rumbold, 88, completes five generations on both sides.
Bethany had to give up her university studies when she found out she was pregnant and is getting plenty of help from her family while her partner George Quinn is away training to be a submariner.
Next in line is her mother Michelle Thompson, 43, followed by her grandfather David Thompson, 64 and her great grandfather Charles.
The other line follows Thomas, Bethany and Michelle, her mother Christine Matthews, 63, and her father Leonard Rumbold.
Mr Thompson of Dolman Close, Cobholm, said his father Charles was particularly thrilled with the baby and even though he could barely see him he enjoyed a cuddle and talked of little else.
The family who all live near each other in the Great Yarmouth area and keep in regular contact met at Avery Lodge in Southtown Road where Charles lives, to pose for the five generations picture.
- 1 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 2 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 5 'We will all miss him': Poignant tributes paid to 'brilliant' solicitor
- 6 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 7 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 8 £1,000 reward offered to anyone who can help bring home missing dog
- 9 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 10 Arrive by boat at new Norfolk wedding venue
It will be proudly added to the family album alongside another one taken 22 years ago when Bethany and her twin brother were born.
At that time Charles' mother was still alive making it five generations then as well. Mr Thompson said baby Thomas had a habit of sleeping most of the day and keeping his mother up for most of the night.
Few of the family had seen him with his eyes open since he was born and Bethany had been up since 2am on day of the photo shoot.