Amazing body painting designs on display at Paintopia festival in Norwich
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Of all our region's many festivals, it is certainly one of the most eye-catching.
The annual Paintopia body painting festival was held for the fifth time over the weekend. The event was based at Sprowston Manor Hotel, with the theme the urban jungle.
Founder Jennie Roberts said: 'We wanted a theme that was going to be colourful and vibrant. It was a jungle theme that was the first thing we thought of, and then we came up with putting the 'urban' pre-fix there to make it more diverse. People have responded very positively to it.'
She said she particularly liked one body paint design based on New York, using the Statue of Liberty and the history of the city.
She added next year's show would take place at the same venue, on the same weekend.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, Sarah Patterson, from Harleston, painted Samantha Maguire, from Norwich.
Ms Maguire, who does face painting as a hobby, said: 'I came last year. I really enjoyed it, and thought it had a lovely atmosphere. I asked if I could get involved, and they said the best way was as a model or painter, and I was not quite ready to paint, so I came as a model.'
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 5 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 6 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 7 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 8 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 9 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 10 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction
Ms Patterson's design showed exotic animals that are sometimes kept as pets rebelling in an urban environment.
Do you have a community story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org