Amanda Holden, Pam Rhodes and Rick Wakeman pay tribute to Thursford Christmas Spectacular
- Credit: Craig Middleton
Their thoughts are among messages from wellwishers published in Thursford - 40 Glorious Years, a celebration of the show's four decades.
This year's glittering production took to the stage for the first time yesterday after weeks of rehearsals.
Actress and Britain's Got Talent judge Amanda Holden said: 'I spent several happy years in Norfolk, during which time my husband and I attended this Christmas show with our then only daughter Lexi. I could never believe such an extravaganza existed in a hidden gem of a village.'
Songs of praise presenter Pam Rhodes, another show regular, said: 'Thursford has put the sparkle into Christms for my family for years - and Santa must be very proud of his most efficient Christmas helper, John Cushing.
'From the ho, ho, ho, to the hallelujah, John has the magic touch to fill our hearts with Christmas wonder.'
You may also want to watch:
Musician Rick Wakeman adds: 'Christmas has always been special for me. Thursford's Christmas Spectacular makes it even more special.
'It is undoubtedly the finest Christmas show I have ever seen - it keeps you spellbound from start to finish.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
Produced in association with the EDP, 40 Glorious Years looks back at the show's humble beginnings with carols in a cowshed, and how it grew into the country's biggest festive production.
Founder John Cushing tells the incredible story in his own words, illustrated by unseen pictures from his archives.
Click here to buy online.