85-year-old woman died at Norwich hospital of infected pressure sores and pneumonia, inquest hears
- Credit: Nick Butcher
An inquest has been opened into the death of an 85-year-old woman who died of pneumonia and infected pressure sores at a Norfolk hospital.
Alice Elizabeth Shelton, of Barnesdale Road, Norwich, died on February 4, at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
The deceased's cause of death was given as pneumonia and infected pressure sores.
She lived at home with her son, and was known to the Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust.
Assistant coroner for Norfolk, Nigel Parsley, said reports had been requested from the deceased's GP and next of kin, the NSFT, the NNUH, and the James Paget Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A full inquest will be held May 20.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 9 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 10 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies