Aldeby brothers to do Berlin Marathon to celebrate birthday
THREE brothers from Suffolk have decided to put on a birthday bash with a difference to raise money for sick children.
Mark Persich, 29, and his brothers Nick, 26, and Tom, 23, will be celebrating his birthday by completing the Berlin Marathon this month to raise money for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH).
The trio, originally from Aldeby, took part in the Bungay Half Marathon in 2008 and Mark explained why he wanted to do another:
'I thought I would do something a bit different for my 30th birthday. I always had a goal of doing a full marathon and the Berlin 2011 is perfect - it's flat. Thanks to both my brothers for doing it with me, they are legends. And thanks to everyone for thinking about donating.
'We thought we would try and do something for a charity close to where we were all brought up.'
You may also want to watch:
Tom added: 'It is a good thing for us to do together. There are also a lot of children who haven't been as lucky as us so we wanted to raise money to for EACH to help the kids.
'I think we are all fairly confident about running the marathon. We are aiming to raise at least �500.'
- 1 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 6 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 7 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
• If you would like to donate visit Mark's Justgiving page at www.justgiving.com/persich