Alburgh with Denton Primary School pupils bring Roald Dahls’ most famous book characters to life
Some of Roald Dahls most famous story characters were brought to life by school pupils as they celebrated the author's birthday.
Willy Wonka and Matilda could be seen walking around Alburgh with Denton Primary School on Wednesday, as children and staff dressed up for the event.
The school invited all of its 103 pupils, who are aged four to 11, to get involved and hosted a number of themed activities during the day.
Reception pupils were tasked with finding golden tickets as a part of a treasure hunt around the school. The activity was designed to help the new pupils find their way around the school and meet staff.
Meanwhile, some of the older pupils had the chance to watch an online presentation about the author.
Hayley Sonnex, headteacher, said: 'All of the costumes were really good. Lots of girls dressed up as Matilda, and we had a really good Willy Wonka.'
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 3 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 4 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 5 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 6 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 7 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 8 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 9 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages