Alburgh with Denton Primary School pupils bring Roald Dahls’ most famous book characters to life
Some of Roald Dahls most famous story characters were brought to life by school pupils as they celebrated the author's birthday.
Willy Wonka and Matilda could be seen walking around Alburgh with Denton Primary School on Wednesday, as children and staff dressed up for the event.
The school invited all of its 103 pupils, who are aged four to 11, to get involved and hosted a number of themed activities during the day.
Reception pupils were tasked with finding golden tickets as a part of a treasure hunt around the school. The activity was designed to help the new pupils find their way around the school and meet staff.
Meanwhile, some of the older pupils had the chance to watch an online presentation about the author.
You may also want to watch:
Hayley Sonnex, headteacher, said: 'All of the costumes were really good. Lots of girls dressed up as Matilda, and we had a really good Willy Wonka.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 3 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich