Alarm foils break-in attempt at property in Ashill
- Credit: IAN BURT
Detectives are appealing for witnesses following an attempted burglary in Ashill, near Swaffham.
It happened between 6pm and 10.30pm on Saturday, December 10 when suspect(s) made attempts to break into a property on Millfield by trying to force open a small bedroom window.
This resulted in the house alarm being activated, causing suspect(s) to flee the scene. No entry was gained and nothing was stolen.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or may have seen or heard anything unusual in the area between the times stated.
Witnesses should contact Det Con Debbie Johnston at Thetford CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 10 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village