‘It reminded me of Lowestoft air show’: Stunning shot wins Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This eye-catching image of a summer day at Blackpool has won the Lowestoft Journal's picture of the week.
The picture was captured by Jenny Bird on her Huawei P20 Pro phone, which was purchased only days earlier.
The 56-year-old from Oulton Broad, said: "We went to surprise our son for his birthday as he loves planes and although they cancelled the show on the Saturday due to bad weather, we really enjoyed the Sunday, watching the display from the middle pier.
"It was getting quite nippy and I turned around and took this.
"We don't have air show here now, it reminded me our one. I think a lot of people miss it," she said.
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mrs Bird receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 4 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 5 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 6 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 7 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 8 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 9 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 10 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash