‘It reminded me of Lowestoft air show’: Stunning shot wins Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This eye-catching image of a summer day at Blackpool has won the Lowestoft Journal's picture of the week.
The picture was captured by Jenny Bird on her Huawei P20 Pro phone, which was purchased only days earlier.
The 56-year-old from Oulton Broad, said: "We went to surprise our son for his birthday as he loves planes and although they cancelled the show on the Saturday due to bad weather, we really enjoyed the Sunday, watching the display from the middle pier.
"It was getting quite nippy and I turned around and took this.
"We don't have air show here now, it reminded me our one. I think a lot of people miss it," she said.
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mrs Bird receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old