Air ambulance’s rallying call for runway runners at Tibenham
A second world war airfield is set to play host to a fun run to help raise funds for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
The life-saving charity will be hosting its own Runway Run at Tibenham Airfield in south Norfolk on Sunday, September 25.
Participants have the option of taking part in a 5km or 10km run, which will get underway at 4pm.
Hannah Clay, area fundraising manager for the air ambulance, said: 'Last year we ran the event with a single 5km fun run option and many people took part and raised a large amount for us. This year we have added the 10km option and had the distance officially measured so those wishing to participate as part of their training can do so as well.'
Prizes will also be awarded for those who come first, second and third in both races as well as to the person who raises the most amount for the charity.
You may also want to watch:
Adults who raise over �25 in sponsorship will be entered in to a draw to win a one year membership of Esporta Norfolk Health and Racquets Club. And a further prize will also be awarded to the person dressed in the best 999 emergency service-themed costume.
For more information, visit www.eaaa.org.uk/anglia-runway-run.asp to apply online, or email email@example.com or call 01603 489406. Closing date for entries is September 16.
- 1 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 5 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 8 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 9 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 10 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat