Man airlifted to hospital in life-threatening condition after he stopped breathing in Ashwellthorpe
- Credit: Archant
A man has been airlifted to hospital in a life-threatening condition after he stopped breathing in Ashwellthorpe.
An area around Knyvett Green was cordoned off after a large response from all three emergency services shortly after 6pm.
A spokesman for the East Anglian Air Ambulance said its Norwich helicopter was dispatched at around 6.20pm.
Several fire appliances have also attended the scene, along with police units.
The East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust (EEAST) said it received a call at 6.11pm today to a report of a man who was not breathing in Ashwellthorpe.
An ambulance crew, two ambulance officers, and the East Anglian Air Ambulance were dispatched.
Following treatment at the scene, they resuscitated the patient who was airlifted to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital in a life-threatening condition.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 10 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village