Air ambulance landed in middle of main road in Dereham to fly injured motorcyclist to hospital
A motorcyclist was airlifted to hospital suffering from chest pains after a crash in Dereham on Monday.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance was called to the scene, in South Green, following the single vehicle incident at 12.24pm.
The man, who is believed to be in his 40s or 50s, was riding a blue Suzuki motorcycle.
Carl Smith, an air ambulance paramedic, said the man was stable and did not have life threatening injuries.
He was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Charlton, a member of Breckland Bikers, was also one of the first people on the scene and stayed with the motorcyclist until he was airlifted to hospital.
He said was breathing and conscious throughout, but may have suffered a broken collar bone.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 7 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 8 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 9 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 10 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
He said: 'I came down South Green Road and saw a biker in the road and people congregating, and the motor cycle first aid training I did just took over. One or two people tried to direct traffic.
'All he knew was that the bike just went from underneath him. He did not really know what happened.'
Mr Charlton said the road where the accident happened was greasy, and the bike suffered superficial damage.
Konnect buses said there were delays on their services from Dereham to Toftwood (8), Moorgate (12) or Watton (11) due to closure of the road.
The air ambulance landed on Shipdham Road and the road was shut in both directions.
PC Phil Creasy from Norfolk Police confirmed the accident involved only the motorcycle and there were long delays as traffic was diverted along Westfield Road and Yaxham Road.