Aha! Steve Coogan planning new Alan Partridge show
- Credit: Archant
Everyone's favourite fictional radio DJ will be returning to television screens very soon.
Steve Coogan has announced plans to create a new series of Alan Partridge.
The actor revealed the news in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter at the Berlin International Film Festival.
He said: 'We're doing some more Alan at the end of this year. He'll return to the small screen in a way that we're trying to devise at the moment.
'We're not quite sure what that is, but we've got a few ideas that I'm going to keep up my sleeve at the moment. But there'll be more Alan, there'll be a regular appearance of Alan and some of the usual suspects.'
The interview also saw Coogan compare his alter-ego to the new President of the United States, saying: 'In some ways the only person on Earth who's more Alan Partridge than Alan Partridge is Donald Trump.'
Alan's return will follow on from the hour-long mockumentary, The Scissored Isle, which premiered on Sky Atlantic last May.
You may also want to watch:
• Are you excited for more Alan Partridge? Let us know in the comments below.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 8 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich