Aha! Alan Partridge returns to Norwich for book signing
Alan Partridge returns home to Norwich for a book signing for his latest novel Alan Partridge: NOMAD.
Jarrold will host Partridge (played by actor Steve Coogan) and his fans from noon in celebrating the follow-up to his first autobiography, I, PARTRIDGE.
NOMAD follows the comedy character's trek through Britain, intent on completing a journey of 'apparent huge personal significance'.
In a video posted online to promote the book's release, Partridge mocks Game of Thrones before revealing that he believes 'the future is not in TV, it is in books - e and paper, that's why I was happy to sign up with Orion to bring you Alan Partridge: Nomad.'
He adds: 'Through witty vignettes, heavy essays and not inducing pieces of wisdom, I shine a light on the nooks of the nation and the crannies of myself, It's a piece of work of which I'm immensely proud. And if I had to sum it up in one word, that word would quite simply be 'hope'.'
You may also want to watch:
Nomad has been penned by Steve Coogan, along with Rob and Neil Gibbons, who have also worked on I, Partridge, Mid Morning Matters and Partridge's 2013 feature film Alpha Papa.
According to the book's publishers, Trapeze, this Journey Journal details Alan's adventures, from the people he meets, to the places he goes, as well as 'ruminating profoundly on matters both immense and small'.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 5 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich
According to Trapeze: 'Through witty vignettes and questionable insights of wisdom, we follow the broadcaster to a climactic final leg, which leaves Partridge changed forever.'
Partridge was last in the city in 2013 for the world premiere of his film Alpha Papa at Hollywood Cinema in Anglia Square.
Hundreds of people turned out to greet him after a social media campaign to get the premiere held in the city, which was dubbed 'Anglia Square not Leicester Square'.
• Tickets are £5, and are available online at www.jarrold.co.uk/events, or from customer services in store.