Walking challenge set for people across Norfolk to raise money for charity
People across Norfolk have been invited to take part in a week-long walking challenge to fundraise for charity.
The ‘Week for Walking’ campaign will take place from Monday September, 21, to Sunday September, 27 and will raise money for Age UK Norfolk.
There are no restrictions on the nature of walk and everyone is encouraged to join in.
Michelle Jay, fundraising and communications officer for Age UK Norfolk, said: “We’d love for people to get behind the challenge and involved next week.
“Walking has a whole host of positive benefits including helping to reduce stress and anxiety and it’s a fun and active way to raise funds for a local charity; every penny raised will benefit older people right here in Norfolk.”
You may also want to watch:
To donate or set up a fundraiser for the challenge visit: www.justgiving.com/campaign/weekforwalking
For more information www.ageuk.org.uk/norfolk/about-us/news/articles/week-for-walking-2020
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 5 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 6 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 7 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 9 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back