Walking challenge set for people across Norfolk to raise money for charity
People across Norfolk have been invited to take part in a week-long walking challenge to fundraise for charity.
The ‘Week for Walking’ campaign will take place from Monday September, 21, to Sunday September, 27 and will raise money for Age UK Norfolk.
There are no restrictions on the nature of walk and everyone is encouraged to join in.
Michelle Jay, fundraising and communications officer for Age UK Norfolk, said: “We’d love for people to get behind the challenge and involved next week.
“Walking has a whole host of positive benefits including helping to reduce stress and anxiety and it’s a fun and active way to raise funds for a local charity; every penny raised will benefit older people right here in Norfolk.”
You may also want to watch:
To donate or set up a fundraiser for the challenge visit: www.justgiving.com/campaign/weekforwalking
For more information www.ageuk.org.uk/norfolk/about-us/news/articles/week-for-walking-2020
- 1 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 2 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 3 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 4 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 5 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 6 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 7 Major boost for £100m campaign to reintroduce rail travel between two Norfolk towns
- 8 Man stabbed in leg and stomach by drug dealer who jumped out of car
- 9 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 10 Norfolk coronavirus infection rate falls below three figures