Afternoon update: Carlton Colville house crash man remains in a critical condition
- Credit: James Bass
A man in his early 20s remains in a critical condition this afternoon after suffering 'serious' head injuries as this sports car left the road and embedded itself in a family home in Carlton Colville.
Lewis Richardson, of Carlton Colville, is fighting for his life at the Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge following the crash in the early hours of Sunday morning.
A police spokesman said at 4.30pm today (Monday) that he remains in a critical condition.
The spokesman added: 'No officers have been at the scene today and the collision investigation is ongoing.'
On the social media site, Facebook, the group #prayforlewis has been set up as prayers went out for a man described by friends as 'loved, liked and respected by so many in this town.'
You may also want to watch:
Amazingly, the three people inside the home in Long Meadow Walk, escaped unharmed.
Lowestoft police issued another appeal for witnesses to the collision, which happened in Long Meadow Walk, Carlton Colville about 1.45am yesterday. Officers are appealing for anyone who may have seen the incident, or who saw the red Audi TT being driven prior to the collision, to call the Serious Collisions Investigation Team on 101.
- 1 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 2 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 3 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 4 Long delays due to overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 5 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 6 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 7 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'