Aerial pictures show off Long Stratton’s new 3G pitch
- Credit: Archant
These floodlit drone shots shows the completed 3G pitch in Long Stratton.
The facility, which is 78 metres by 52 metres and will be suitable for competitive use for up to nine-a-side matches and includes three five-a-side pitches, can be used all-year-round and throughout all types of weather.
The pitch off Swan Lane will be used by Long Stratton High School and Long Stratton Football Club to grow and develop football and it is believed it will dramatically increase sport participation throughout the community.
South Norfolk Council committed £211,000 and Long Stratton High School £25,000 and the project was made possible after a £216,598 grant from the Premier League & The FA Facilities Fund, which is delivered by the Football Foundation.
The pitch is part of a £2.5m scheme which will see the district and parish councils, football club and high school work together to provide a multisport hub that will include a new pavilion at Manor Road playing fields and the redevelopment of the leisure centre.
Clayton Hudson, cabinet member for leisure and stronger communities, said: 'This is a really exciting time for Long Stratton and a great example of what can be achieved when the community works together.'
It comes as Long Stratton will see substantial growth in housing over the coming years following the adoption of the Long Stratton Area Action plan that outlines the development of 1,800 homes and a long-awaited bypass.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 6 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 7 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 8 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 9 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 10 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
It will be opened on Thursday, January 12 at 2pm.