Adnams names Lyndon Barrett-Scott as general manager at the Swan Hotel in Southwold
- Credit: Archant
Adnams has appointed a new general manager for the Swan Hotel in Southwold, which is due to reopen in October following a £6m refurbishment.
Lyndon Barrett-Scott has previously been involved in the launch of several high-end establishments including the Covent Garden Hotel, Seaham Hall Hotel in Durham and the King Street Townhouse in Manchester.
Emma Hibbert, marketing director at Adnams, said: 'We are really excited to have Lyndon at the helm of this launch as he brings great experience in managing successful hotels across the world and his dedication to fantastic customer service is second to none.
'This is a once in a generation project for Adnams in terms of both scale and ambition and Lyndon's expertise will be a real asset.
'While brewery and distillery tours have become hugely popular activities, The Swan's connection with Adnams will push the boundaries of gastronomic tourism further. Not only will The Swan appeal to Adnams fans, beer aficionados and gin lovers but also to those looking to escape and enjoy a luxury experience and amazing food and drink.'
Lyndon Barrett-Scott added: 'The Swan is a fascinating building with a colourful history and has been an important focal point in Southwold for hundreds of years. It's in a wonderful location at the heart of town and has all the right ingredients for a world-class hotel.
'It's great to have the opportunity to open a hotel where it is possible to provide the very best experience for guests. The fact that The Swan has such close links with brewing and distilling is also exciting, with The Swan not only offering guests a relaxing and indulgent getaway but also an immersive Adnams experience.'
- 1 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 Norfolk couple: 'We’ve lost £30k in cryptocurrency scam'
- 4 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 5 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 6 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 7 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 8 Boat users given fines over £16k for breaking rules on Norfolk Broads
- 9 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 10 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
The Swan Hotel is due to re-open on October 13, with bookings now being accepted. The new décor has been developed by interior design firm Project Orange to combine modern luxury with the history of Southwold, Adnams and the hotel building.
There will be a butler service to greet guests, provide room service, offer activity recommendations and act as a personal concierge, while the new menus will champion Suffolk ingredients from the soil and sea as well as Adnams' beers, wines and spirits.