Adnams names Lyndon Barrett-Scott as general manager at the Swan Hotel in Southwold
- Credit: Archant
Adnams has appointed a new general manager for the Swan Hotel in Southwold, which is due to reopen in October following a £6m refurbishment.
Lyndon Barrett-Scott has previously been involved in the launch of several high-end establishments including the Covent Garden Hotel, Seaham Hall Hotel in Durham and the King Street Townhouse in Manchester.
Emma Hibbert, marketing director at Adnams, said: 'We are really excited to have Lyndon at the helm of this launch as he brings great experience in managing successful hotels across the world and his dedication to fantastic customer service is second to none.
'This is a once in a generation project for Adnams in terms of both scale and ambition and Lyndon's expertise will be a real asset.
'While brewery and distillery tours have become hugely popular activities, The Swan's connection with Adnams will push the boundaries of gastronomic tourism further. Not only will The Swan appeal to Adnams fans, beer aficionados and gin lovers but also to those looking to escape and enjoy a luxury experience and amazing food and drink.'
You may also want to watch:
Lyndon Barrett-Scott added: 'The Swan is a fascinating building with a colourful history and has been an important focal point in Southwold for hundreds of years. It's in a wonderful location at the heart of town and has all the right ingredients for a world-class hotel.
'It's great to have the opportunity to open a hotel where it is possible to provide the very best experience for guests. The fact that The Swan has such close links with brewing and distilling is also exciting, with The Swan not only offering guests a relaxing and indulgent getaway but also an immersive Adnams experience.'
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 4 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 5 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 6 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 7 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 8 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 9 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 10 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
The Swan Hotel is due to re-open on October 13, with bookings now being accepted. The new décor has been developed by interior design firm Project Orange to combine modern luxury with the history of Southwold, Adnams and the hotel building.
There will be a butler service to greet guests, provide room service, offer activity recommendations and act as a personal concierge, while the new menus will champion Suffolk ingredients from the soil and sea as well as Adnams' beers, wines and spirits.