Acts needed for quirky festival café that wants to serve comedy for breakfast
- Credit: Tristan Conor Holden
A quirky breakfast café is looking for local performance acts to serve up comedy while people are eating their egg and bacon.
Egg Festival Café will be open in the mornings at Norwich Arts Centre throughout this May's Norfolk and Norwich Festival.
The pop-up eatery – which will be run by Simon Floyd and Amanda Coleman from Norwich-based theatre group The Common Lot – is now looking for an array of performers to entertain diners.
Pasco-Q Kevlin, Norwich Arts Centre director, said: 'The Egg Festival Café will be serving top quality breakfasts in a spontaneous, creative and chaotic environment – think Basil and Sybil bump into Alan Partridge in Cromer and decide to set up business together.'
He added: 'There will be a full breakfast menu and we are bringing in local artists, comedians, musicians, poets to all do a turn at different points during the festival.'
He said they were interested to hear from anybody with an act that would put a smile on the face of diners. Performers can do anything from tell a story to sing a song to attempt a world record, and acts need to last between six and 10 minutes.
'It's got to be fun and a bit of a giggle – that's the flavour of the café,' Mr Kevlin added.
- 1 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 2 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 3 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 4 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 5 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 6 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 7 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 8 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 9 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 10 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
Egg Festival Café will be open Monday to Saturday 9am to noon throughout the Norfolk and Norwich Festival which runs from Friday, May 13, to Sunday, May 29.
For more about the festival, visit www.nnfestival.org.uk.
Acts who are interested in performing at the café should email email@example.com
Do you have an arts story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org