Road reopened following ‘serious’ six vehicle crash on the A47 near Swaffham
- Credit: Archant
A road has been reopened following 'serious' six vehicle crash on the A47.
The road had been closed for around four hours between the A1122 and the A1065 - between Narborough and Swaffham - due to the collision which happened today (Saturday November 10) at around 10.25am.
Officers from Breckland Police and Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team area both attended, along with the East of England Ambulance Service.
The extent of any injuries are currently unknown.
Drivers in the area were urged to take care and a diversion was put in place .
Following reports of possible delays, Norfolk police took to Twitter to warn commuters in the area: 'En route to reports of an RTC on the A47 westbound near to Swaffham, please be advised there may be delays in the area.'
You may also want to watch:
- If you can provide an update of traffic delays in the area, email Donna-Louise.Bishop@archant.co.uk.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 5 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 6 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'