Accident involving motorcyclist closes southbound A11 at Thetford
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
Fire crews are working to clear up a sugar molasses spill after an accident involving a motorcyclist closed the southbound A11.
Police were called to the roundabout on the dual carriageway near Sainsbury's at 8.58am to reports of a single vehicle collision involving a motorbike.
Paramedics are treating the male biker, who is conscious and breathing and will be taken to hospital for further treatment.
The southbound carriageway is closed from the junction with the A134 Mundford Road, and Brandon Road heading towards the A11 is also closed from the junction with Canterbury Way.
A police spokesperson reported that there had been a spillage of sugar molasses on the road at the scene of the accident, making the road surface sticky.
You may also want to watch:
The highways authority has been informed and crews from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service are attending to wash off the road surface.
There will be delays while the road surface is cleaned and the motorbike is recovered.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 7 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 8 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft