Accident involving motorcyclist closes southbound A11 at Thetford
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
Fire crews are working to clear up a sugar molasses spill after an accident involving a motorcyclist closed the southbound A11.
Police were called to the roundabout on the dual carriageway near Sainsbury's at 8.58am to reports of a single vehicle collision involving a motorbike.
Paramedics are treating the male biker, who is conscious and breathing and will be taken to hospital for further treatment.
The southbound carriageway is closed from the junction with the A134 Mundford Road, and Brandon Road heading towards the A11 is also closed from the junction with Canterbury Way.
A police spokesperson reported that there had been a spillage of sugar molasses on the road at the scene of the accident, making the road surface sticky.
The highways authority has been informed and crews from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service are attending to wash off the road surface.
There will be delays while the road surface is cleaned and the motorbike is recovered.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 4 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 5 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 6 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 7 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 8 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 9 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 10 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row