A47 crash scene involving two vehicles cleared
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Traffic delays of nearly an hour were experienced this morning following a two vehicle crash on the A47.
Norfolk police said the scene had since been cleared and traffic flow in the area was back to normal.
The accident, which involved a Peugeot 407 and a Peugeot 207, took place between the Brundall Roundabout and the Postwick junction.
Traffic in the Norwich bound lane was affected after one lane was closed.
At one stage queues were reportedly backed up 2.5 miles with warnings of delays of up to 55 minutes being issued.
You may also want to watch:
'Police were called at 7.50am to attend the scene of an accident involving two vehicles,' said a police spokeswoman.
'The scene was cleared at 9.26am. There was a report of a minor injury.'
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 3 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 4 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 5 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 8 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 9 May 17 easing: What UEA virus expert will and won't be doing
- 10 Couple launch new park café after market success
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said an officer had assisted at the scene.
'Scene safety and casualty care was provided,' said a spokesman.