A47 crash scene involving two vehicles cleared
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Traffic delays of nearly an hour were experienced this morning following a two vehicle crash on the A47.
Norfolk police said the scene had since been cleared and traffic flow in the area was back to normal.
The accident, which involved a Peugeot 407 and a Peugeot 207, took place between the Brundall Roundabout and the Postwick junction.
Traffic in the Norwich bound lane was affected after one lane was closed.
At one stage queues were reportedly backed up 2.5 miles with warnings of delays of up to 55 minutes being issued.
'Police were called at 7.50am to attend the scene of an accident involving two vehicles,' said a police spokeswoman.
'The scene was cleared at 9.26am. There was a report of a minor injury.'
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 3 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 4 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 7 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 8 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
- 9 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
- 10 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said an officer had assisted at the scene.
'Scene safety and casualty care was provided,' said a spokesman.