A47 reopens after two-vehicle crash near Swaffham
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
One person was released from their vehicle after a crash which forced the closure of the A47 in both directions for several hours.
The accident happened just before 4.55pm this afternoon near the Dunham Road junction at Necton and Little Fransham, east of Swaffham.
Two vehicles were involved, a van and a saloon car, according to Norfolk Police - and the road was closed immediately.
Two crews from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service were mobilised and released one person from their vehicle by using hydraulic rescue equipment.
The crews, from Dereham and Watton fire stations, also requested medical help from the East of England Ambulance Service.
You may also want to watch:
One road was later opened, with police directing traffic, before the A47 reopened fully at around 7.55pm.
There have been around 75 road related incidents for Norfolk Police to deal with from 6am today, with many caused by the icy conditions.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 4 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 8 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 9 Popular wine merchant took his own life, inquest hears
- 10 Fire breaks out at care home in the Broads