A47 reopens after car catches fire
A car burst into flames on the A47 outside Great Yarmouth this morning.
A Vauxhall Vectra and white Ford Fiesta collided on the Acle New Road at 7.20am.
One of the cars caught fire and the driver had to be rescued.
The driver's condition is not thought to be life-threatening.
Police closed the A47 until 9.26am.
Two fire engines from Great Yarmouth and one from Gorleston put out the blaze which had engulfed the car and spread to a grass bank at the side of the road.
The Highways Agency cleared debris from the road.
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 3 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 7 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 9 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
- 10 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
•Did you witness the collision? Contact our newsdesk on 01603772313.