Serious crash involving lorry closes A47 for 10 hours
- Credit: Archant
The A47 has reopened 10 hours after a serious crash involving a lorry and a van closed the road.
The crash, at Guyhirn, happened just after midnight today (September 25) and police closed the road between the A141 at Guyhirn and the B198 near Wisbech to allow accident investigation work to be carried out.
Two men in their 30s were taken to hospital with serious injuries and the road was re-opened at 10.10am.
Highways England tweeted: 'The #A47 in #Cambridgeshire between the #A141 and the #B198 (near Wisbech) is now OPEN in both directions. Collision investigation work and vehicle recovery complete. Thanks for your patience, safe travels today.'
Sgt Declan McDonagh added: 'I would urge anyone who saw this incident or those who may have dashcam footage to get in touch.'
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting incident 474 of September 24 or report online at cambs.police.uk/report. Alternatively, you can report anonymously at www.crimestoppers-uk.org/.
• You can keep up to date with all the latest travel news via our live traffic map.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 7 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 8 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 9 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 10 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon