A47 lorry fuel leak partially closes Acle Straight
- Credit: Archant
Fuel leaked from a lorry has forced police to partially close the Acle Straight.
Rush hour traffic on the A47 between Acle and Great Yarmouth is being disrupted with tailbacks following the incident at about 7.20am on Tuesday.
A stalled lorry between the Halvergate turnoff and A149 Acle New Road (Runham Roundabout) initially saw both carriageways of the road closed.
Police said the Acle Straight will remain closed eastbound due to the broken down HGV.
In a tweet traffic officers said: “Unfortunately oil has been deposited onto the road surface so may be shut for some time.”
You may also want to watch:
A fire crew from Great Yarmouth were called to the scene to help make the leaking oil on A47 safe. Firefighters used granules to absorb the oil.
• See more traffic information at the Traffic Map
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 3 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 4 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 5 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 6 Open all hours? Retailers say no thanks to 24/7 shopping
- 7 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary
- 8 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 9 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 10 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases