A47 lorry fuel leak partially closes Acle Straight
- Credit: Archant
Fuel leaked from a lorry has forced police to partially close the Acle Straight.
Rush hour traffic on the A47 between Acle and Great Yarmouth is being disrupted with tailbacks following the incident at about 7.20am on Tuesday.
A stalled lorry between the Halvergate turnoff and A149 Acle New Road (Runham Roundabout) initially saw both carriageways of the road closed.
Police said the Acle Straight will remain closed eastbound due to the broken down HGV.
In a tweet traffic officers said: “Unfortunately oil has been deposited onto the road surface so may be shut for some time.”
You may also want to watch:
A fire crew from Great Yarmouth were called to the scene to help make the leaking oil on A47 safe. Firefighters used granules to absorb the oil.
• See more traffic information at the Traffic Map
- 1 Large police presence in Norfolk village after person dies on boat
- 2 Latest situation at Norfolk hospitals sees covid-related admissions remain static
- 3 Village pub offers 'proper' 1p 'Penne-y Pasta' dish with alcoholic drink
- 4 Schools close early for Christmas after outbreak of 11 Covid cases
- 5 30,000 Christmas turkeys to be culled in bird flu outbreak
- 6 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 7 Man denies running Japanese restaurant from Norwich home for the third time
- 8 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
- 9 Stubborn swan squares up to traffic in Norfolk village
- 10 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through Suffolk and Norfolk