A47 closed in both directions after crash
- Credit: Archant
A woman has suffered minor injuries in a collision that has closed the A47 at Little Fransham, near Dereham.
Norfolk Police were called following reports of a collision and has closed the road to all traffic.
Officers were called at 6.20pm on Wednesday evening to the single carriageway section of the A47 following a collision between a Renault and a Ford Fiesta.
A police spokesman said a woman has suffered minor injuries in the collision.
He added: "The road is totally blocked and we are still there.
"We are just arranging recovery. We have managed some of the traffic congestion."
Officers from the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team (NSRAPT) and Breckland Police are at the scene.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 3 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 4 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 5 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
- 6 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 7 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 8 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 9 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 10 Community rally together after fire rips through family home
Motorists are asked to avoid the area and local diversions are in place.