Acle Straight could be closed in both directions for a further eight hours after lorry jackknifes
- Credit: Archant
Police have warned that a busy road is likely to be closed for 'a number of hours' after a lorry jackknifed on the A47 between Acle and Great Yarmouth.
The A47 road was closed just after 8am this morning (Saturday) following a collision between a lorry and a car.
Within the past 30 minutes, Norfolk Police tweeted: 'The #A47 #AcleStraight will be closed for a number of hours pending recovery of an HGV. Please plan an alternative route.'
Police, Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service and the East of England Ambulance Service were sent to the scene following reports of 'a collision and jackknifed HGV' on the A47 Acle Straight.
Closures at Acle and Great Yarmouth were put in place and police advised motorists to avoid the area and plan their routes accordingly.
A police spokesman said: 'We do not have details on whether there are any injuries at the moment.'
Norfolk Police have since tweeted, 'UPDATE: Full closure #A47 between #Acle & #GtYarmouth expected to last for another 6-8 hours due to complex recovery operation. Full diversions in place.'
- 1 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 2 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 3 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 4 First look at the new Scandi-style homes coming to a Breckland village
- 5 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 6 Man dies after getting into difficulties in UEA Sportspark pool
- 7 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 8 Serial beggar jailed for 12 weeks after breaching Criminal Behaviour Order
- 9 Schools in Norfolk face classroom closures due to coronavirus
- 10 Driver banned for being fraction over limit
No injuries have been reported.