Acle Straight could be closed in both directions for a further eight hours after lorry jackknifes
- Credit: Archant
Police have warned that a busy road is likely to be closed for 'a number of hours' after a lorry jackknifed on the A47 between Acle and Great Yarmouth.
The A47 road was closed just after 8am this morning (Saturday) following a collision between a lorry and a car.
Within the past 30 minutes, Norfolk Police tweeted: 'The #A47 #AcleStraight will be closed for a number of hours pending recovery of an HGV. Please plan an alternative route.'
Police, Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service and the East of England Ambulance Service were sent to the scene following reports of 'a collision and jackknifed HGV' on the A47 Acle Straight.
Closures at Acle and Great Yarmouth were put in place and police advised motorists to avoid the area and plan their routes accordingly.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: 'We do not have details on whether there are any injuries at the moment.'
Norfolk Police have since tweeted, 'UPDATE: Full closure #A47 between #Acle & #GtYarmouth expected to last for another 6-8 hours due to complex recovery operation. Full diversions in place.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich
No injuries have been reported.