A47 shut in both directions after serious crash
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services, including an air ambulance, dealt with a two-vehicle crash which closed a stretch of the A47 in both directions for several hours.
The Acle straight was shut both ways between the Acle and Runham roudabouts with police asking motorists to find an alternate route.
One motorist described seeing an air ambulance, three ambulances and two police cars on the scene to attend to a car in a ditch.
The road was closed at about 5pm on Monday due to accident investigation work from A1064 to A149 Acle New Road and didn't re-open until the early hours of Tuesday.
A spokesman from the East Anglian Air Ambulance confirmed its Anglia One helicopter had been tasked to attend a road traffic collision at 5.03pm.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Fire Service sent three fire engines from Great Yarmouth, Gorleston-on-Sea and Carrow to the Acle straight at 5pm.
A fire service spokesman said crews rescued two casualties from a vehicle using hydraulic mechanical equipment.
To keep up to date with the latest visit our travel map here.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old