A47 access to be restricted during roadworks at busy Dereham roundabout
Motorists are being warned of overnight roadworks that will affect the busy Tesco roundabout south of Dereham and restrict their access to the A47 Norwich-King's Lynn road.
The restrictions are scheduled for five nights from 8pm to 6am starting on Monday, June 11.
They will enable a �130,000 project to go ahead to resurface the roundabout and the road extending 120 metres along the A1075 Watton-Dereham road towards Dereham town centre, as well as shorter sections into the B1135 Dereham-Wymondham road and Kingston Road. Norfolk County Council says the work is being done overnight to minimise disruption. But, while work is under way, there will be stop/go boards on the A1075, B1135 and Kingston Road, and closure is planned of the slip roads serving the westbound carriageway of the A47.
A marked diversion route will be in place through Dereham using Yaxham Road, London Road, Station Road, Norwich Road and Mattishall Road.
Motorists wishing to leave the A47 westbound carriageway at Dereham will have to leave at the previous, Mattishall Road, junction, which will be indicated by diversion signs.
You may also want to watch:
Drivers wanting to join the A47 westbound will also be diverted to that junction.
The slip roads will be open the rest of the time, and access to and from the Norwich-bound carriageway of the A47 will not be affected.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 5 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 6 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Former Primark store goes up for rent
The council says the road surface on and around the roundabout has been deteriorating and cracking.