Woman in critical condition after being hit by car on A149 near Hunstanton
- Credit: Archant
A woman is in a critical condition in hospital after being involved in a collision with a car on the A149 south of Hunstanton.
Police were called to Redgate Hill at 3am after reports of the collision.
The A149 was closed for several hours for investigation work to be completed, and reopened this morning at 8.19am.
Two fire crews from Hunstanton and Heacham assisted the ambulance service and the police at the scene.
A woman aged in her 20s has been taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn and is in a critical condition.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: 'We received a call at 2.54 this morning to reports of a traffic incident on the A149. We sent a rapid response vehicle, ambulance and ambulance officer. The ambulance team treated one patient (a female) who was taken to Queen Elizabeth hospital with multiple serious injuries.'
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument