Main road closed following serious crash
- Credit: Archant
Two people had to be freed from their vehicle following a collision which has closed a main road.
Emergency services were called at around 1.15pm this afternoon following reports of a crash on the A148 Holt Road at Bale, between Fakenham and Holt.
A single fire crew from Holt and two from Fakenham were mobilised, while the East of England Ambulance Service sent three ambulances and an ambulance officer.
Assistance from the East Anglian Air Ambulance was also requested and police assisted movement of traffic in the area.
A NARS volunteer paramedic was also in attendance.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters subsequently freed two people who had been trapped in their vehicle.
As a result of injuries sustained in the collision, two women were taken to Norfolk and Norwich Hospital by road ambulance for further assessment and care.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 4 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 5 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
The A148 Holt Road is currently closed in both directions while recovery of the vehicles takes place.
Police remain at the scene and are advising motorists to avoid the area.