A140 closed after five vehicle crash
- Credit: Google Maps
Part of the A140 was closed after a crash involving five vehicles.
Police were called to the incident outside the Plough Inn pub on Old Norwich Road in Marsham, between Norwich and Aylsham, shortly after 5pm this evening.
The road was blocked in both directions, with both fire and ambulance crews in attendance.
It is thought one person was injured and one woman had to be cut from her car and was then taken to the hospital, however, the severity of the injuries is not known.
The crash involved a white Mercedes, a black BMW, a red Mazda, a Seat, and a Mitsubishi.
You may also want to watch:
Three fire crews from Aylsham, Sprowston, and Earlham attended the scene at around 5.20pm, releasing those trapped in their cars and making the scene safe.
Fire crews left the scene just after 6.30pm. Ambulance crews were also on the scene.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 7 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 8 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
- 9 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
The road has now reopened after a recovery vehicle arrived on the scene just after 7pm.
Three vehicles were recovered and the road was cleared at 9.15pm.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.