A140 closed after crash involving three vehicles
- Credit: Norfolk Police
A crash involving three vehicles near Long Stratton closed the A140 main Norwich to Ipswich road during rush hour.
Motorists heading into and out of Norwich were advised to avoid the road and take alternative routes where possible.
Emergency services were called to the collision just south of Long Stratton at 8.10am this morning (October 16).
Fire crews from Carrow and Earlham attended the collision that involved three vehicles.
Firefighters made the scene and vehicles safe and used granules to absorb a fuel leak.
You may also want to watch:
Police were at the scene and closed the road causing long delays and slow moving traffic in both directions.
The road fully reopened at 12.15pm.
• Keep up to date with all the latest travel news via our live traffic map.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 8 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 9 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting