Two car accident forced A140 to be closed
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
The A140 was closed following an accident involving two cars at Brome, near Eye.
The busy Norwich to Ipswich road had to be closed in both directions from Thrandeston Road to B1077 Stuston Lane following the collision.
Emergency services were called to the accident, near the Best Western Brome Grange hotel, at shortly before 3pm on Wednesday, May 15.
The crash involved a BMW X5 and a Peugeot 407. Occupants had to be taken to hospital but their injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
The accident caused lengthy queues of traffic backing up to Yaxley in Suffolk and Scole in Norfolk. Motorists have been diverted on the B1077 towards Eye.
You may also want to watch:
The road was expected to re-open before 5pm following the recovery of the vehicles.
The junction of the A140 and B1077 at Brome is a well known accident black spot. Work is due to start this summer on a multi-million pound project to build two new roundabouts in a bid to improve safety.
- Keep up to date with all the latest travel news via our live traffic map
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 8 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 9 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 10 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk