A11 to close overnight on Thursday and Friday next week as dualling continues
- Credit: Archant
There will be overnight closures on the A11 next week as work continues to dual the road.
The road will close between the Fiveways roundabout and the B1106 Elveden crossroads on Thursday and Friday from 10pm to 6am the following morning on both days.
The closure is to allow the Highways Agency to continue work on the recently installed Gibsons accommodation bridge.
Highways Agency project manager, Geoff Chatfield, said: 'We have to close a short section of the A11, when traffic flows are at their lowest, to allow road workers to safely continue work at Gibson's accommodation bridge.
'We have worked closely with local partners to ensure disruption to road users during the closure is kept to a minimum.'
You may also want to watch:
There will be a clearly signed diversion via the A1065 and B1107 during the closures, with advance warning signs placed along local roads, according to the Highways Agency.
A spokesman advised road users to plan ahead and allow extra time for their journeys prior to setting out.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 3 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 4 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 5 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 6 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 7 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 8 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 9 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 10 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse