A11 reopens after crash at Thickthorn which caused long rush hour delays
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
The A11 at Thickthorn is now completely reopen after a crash which caused rush hour delays this morning.
The crash happened at just before 7am on a day when the Met Office has issued a warning of ice on the county's roads.
The crash, involving a Jaguar and a Mercedes, happened on the Wymondham side of the Thickthorn roundabout, with lanes three and four closed on the approach to the roundabout.
The road was completely reopened by 8.40am, but police warned people that heavy congestion was likely to continue and alternative routes should be taken if possible.
Queueing traffic had snaked back almost to Wymondham.
Nobody is believed to have been hurt in the crash.
You may also want to watch:
There was also been a crash in East Dereham. That crash, which happened just before 7.10am, was at the junction of Baxter Row and London Road. Nobody was injured.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 6 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death