A11 reopens after crash at Thickthorn which caused long rush hour delays
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
The A11 at Thickthorn is now completely reopen after a crash which caused rush hour delays this morning.
The crash happened at just before 7am on a day when the Met Office has issued a warning of ice on the county's roads.
The crash, involving a Jaguar and a Mercedes, happened on the Wymondham side of the Thickthorn roundabout, with lanes three and four closed on the approach to the roundabout.
The road was completely reopened by 8.40am, but police warned people that heavy congestion was likely to continue and alternative routes should be taken if possible.
Queueing traffic had snaked back almost to Wymondham.
Nobody is believed to have been hurt in the crash.
You may also want to watch:
There was also been a crash in East Dereham. That crash, which happened just before 7.10am, was at the junction of Baxter Row and London Road. Nobody was injured.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 10 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor