A11 blocked after car overturns
- Credit: Matt Barnes
The A11 was partially blocked in Norfolk after a vehicle crashed and overturned.
At around 11.50am on Sunday (February 2) morning, police received reports of a collision on the A11 southbound at Thetford, near the A134 Brandon Road roundabout.
At least two cars are thought to have been involved, one of which overturned and ended up in woodland beside the road.
Officers from Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team were at the scene and one lane was closed.
Traffic in the area was slow for more than an hour, with lengthy tailbacks extending several hundred metres back towards Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
By around 2pm, the road was largely clear and traffic had returned to normal.
Keep up to date with the latest travel information by checking the EDP's live traffic map.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road