A right Royal sight as scarecrows line Halesworth streets
Some unusual characters will be lining the streets of Halesworth next week as they mingle among the usual shoppers.
Scarecrow versions of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will be among the special guests around the roads as traders join together for the town's third festival.
Dozens of creations are expected to appear overnight when the popular week-long scarecrow festival starts on Saturday, but almost all are shrouded in mystery.
Rita Doughty, chairman of organising group Halesworth Town Centre Group, said she didn't know what to expect as all of the traders kept their scarecrows secret.
Mrs Doughty added: 'It is a lot of fun to draw people into the town. Last year we had 70 start in Quay Street, through the Market Place and town.
You may also want to watch:
'It is quite a funny sight and a great atmosphere.'
The festival runs from this Saturday to Saturday, September 29.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 5 Revealed: Norfolk's hotspots for Japanese Knotweed in 2021
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Tractors and harvesters sold as farming family retires after 100 years
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 King's Lynn man admits inciting children to engage in sex acts
Any money raised from donations is given to the town's Christmas Lights appeal.