A New Year of fitness, well-being and exercise
- Credit: Archant
It is the time of year when thoughts often turn to getting fit and banishing the post-Christmas excess.
A host of sporting and fitness events are taking place over the next few months in north Norfolk for those looking to make the New Year an active one.
A series of sports club activities which are funded by Sport England and provided by North Norfolk District Council are taking place throughout January.
In North Walsham seated exercise sessions will take place at Victory Swim and Fitness Centre on Thursday, January 7 from 12.30pm-1.30pm.
Worstead Queen Elizabeth Hall will play host to yoga sessions on Thursday, January 14 from 6.30pm-7.30pm.
Worstead Recreation Ground (next to the village hall) will host walking football on Friday, January 15 from 11.30am-12.30pm.
There will also be a walking football at Horning playing field on Friday, January 15 from 9-30am-10-30am. All abilities welcome.
- 1 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 2 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 3 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 4 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 5 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 6 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 7 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 8 Blackpool player cites Norfolk footballer as inspiration after coming out
- 9 Teenager suffers serious injuries in city crash
- 10 'Metal monstrosities' - Opposition to new East Anglia power line grows
Ten activity sessions are available for £10, £1 a session, and can be booked by contacting Wyn on 01263 516305 or 07795265671 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Places can also be booked via the website www.northnorfolk.org/book or people can pay on the day.
Norfolk wide charity Fit Together - managed by Active Norfolk - is also hosting a series of Fit Together Walks around Cromer and nearby villages.
On Wednesday, January 13 at 10.30am there will be a 2.5 mile walk from Ovestrand to Northrepps, starting at the Sea Marge in High Street, Overstrand.
On Thursday, January 14 there will be a two mile ramble around West Runton Golf Course, meeting at The Village Inn public house car park in West Runton at 11am.
On Monday, January 18 a three mile walk will take place from West Runton to Roman Camp, with people again meeting at The Village Inn in West Runton at 10.30am.
On Wednesday, January 20 there will be a 3.5mile walk around Alby, with people asked at meet at Alby Craft Centre car park at 10.30am.
On Monday, January 25 a two mile walk around Cromer's Happy Valley starts at the top of the West Prom slope in Cromer, near Morrison's Garage at 10.30am.
The full Fit Together programme is available from Cromer Tourist Information Centre.