A murderer has absconded from Hollesley Bay prison in Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for help in tracing a Hollesley Bay prisoner who has absconded.
56 year old William (Billy) Kerr was reported missing to police earlier this evening, Friday 1 December, after failing to return at 3pm at a rendezvous point in Ipswich where he was on a few hours release.
He is serving a life sentence for murder.
He is described as white, five foot seven inches tall, with blue eyes, black hair, is of a thin build and is about 10 stone. He has what are described as 'bad teeth' and speaks with a Scottish accent. He has tattoos on his left and right arm, left wrist and on the right hand a tattoo says 'Les.'
When last seen he was wearing blue jeans and a blue 'North Face' puffer jacket with an orange logo.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the public are advised not to approach him.
Anyone who believes they may have seen William Kerr, or who has any information regarding his whereabouts, is asked to contact Suffolk Police on 101 quoting Cad 330 of Friday 1 December.
- 1 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 2 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 3 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 4 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 5 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 6 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 7 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 8 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 9 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 10 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot